We love Christmas for many reasons but for me, it’s the baking traditions that make it really special. I don’t eat fruit cake very often throughout the year but I really enjoy it at Christmas. I love a fruit mince tart with a cup of tea in the week leading into Christmas, and I have taken to making chocolate truffles with leftover Christmas cake or pudding. These are perfect with a cuppa, or after a meal. They also make a lovely edible gift for friends and family.
So here is a list of our favourite Christmas baking recipes. I hope you find some inspiration in this list …
- Belinda Jeffery’s Last Minute Christmas Cake
- Teresa Cutter’s Healthy Christmas Cake for a gluten-free, dairy-free, and no added sugar option.
- My Mum’s Stout, chocolate and orange fruit cake. My sister requests one of these cakes every year.
- My fruit mince tarts. These tarts just melt-in-your-mouth!
- Use any leftover Christmas cake or pudding to make these moreish chocolate truffles.