This light and tasty frittata is an excellent choice for lunch as it can be prepared ahead of time, travels well and can be reheated easily. Serve with a salad for a satisfying meal.
The specific ingredients we used for our Onion Jam which is made by New England Larder, can be purchased in our store or online. We also used it in our caramelised onion baguette recipe.
Also, we used the Meredith Dairy brand for the goats cheese just because it isn’t as strong tasting as some others.
Vegetable & Goatcheese Frittata
- olive oil a couple of teaspoons
- 2 spring onions sliced
- 1 medium zucchini cut into small pieces
- 1 cup roasted sweet potato pieces
- 8 eggs
- 1 handful chopped herbs basil, parsley, thyme, dill (a combination of a few is nice)
- 1 heaped dessert spoon Onion Jam
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes halved
- 50 g soft goats cheese
- Put a 24cm non-stick fry pan on medium heat, add some olive oil and the spring onions and season well with salt and pepper, saute for a couple of minutes, then add the cherry tomatoes.
- When tomatoes start to blister, add zucchini. When it starts to soften, add sweet potato pieces.
- Use a small bowl to break each egg into before adding to a medium-size stainless steel bowl (this ensures that a dodgy egg does not ruin the rest of the batch). Whisk together eggs, herbs, onion jam and season well with salt and pepper.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high, add egg mixture to the frying pan and stir well, scraping up the cooked egg off the bottom of the pan until it is almost set. Then, turn the heat down to low and finally turn on the grill to maximum temperature.
- Crumble the goats' cheese into large pieces, place on top of the frittata and add a final grind of black pepper. When the frittata is set, transfer the pan to the grill to brown the top, this will take 3-5 minutes. Cool in the pan on a cooling rack, then slide the frittata onto a cutting board and cut into 5 wedges.